Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hooray for Working Computers! Annnnnddd a Freebie {Kinda}

First of all, I have to make a very exciting announcement! My laptop is fixed and I finally have a working computer again!! WOO HOO!!! I am officially in the process of setting up a TPT store and uploading LOTS of my goodies! Mostly freebies to start out with so please please please stay tuned and pleeeeease spread the word! I am still fairly new so I am know I am not very popular, so if you guys could get my name out there that'd be great! :)


As for tonight's post...I am starting my new workout tomorrow at 4:30am so I'm gonna leave this one short and sweet so I can get to B.E.D.!


As I may have already mentioned, I have a HUUUUGE range in reading this year as far as my high kids and my lower kids. I have 2 students who are reading at a 4th grade level, and some who couldn't even read the word "lost" today. My biggest struggle this year has been challenging my high kiddos without overwhelming my lower sweeties and leaving them out in the dust. So for the month of March we have been participating in a challenge. Once {sometimes twice} a week I pass out seasonal poems for them to put in their binders. This gives them something to look at or read during transitional/down time, and also helps them practice fluency at school or home. Last week I gave them a poem entitled "Where is Spring?" The poem is at school and I do not know the author off the top of my head! :)
I gave them each the opportunity to memorize this poem before April 8th, and all who do get to participate in an ice cream party with myself and all the other winners! Now, of course they don't HAVE to do it, but they have been so excited that I only have 3 more left to go and the challenge has been going on since this past Wednesday! They were so excited to hear about this and I am pumped that we have already had so many participants! I am hoping for a whole class ice cream party! :)

I will upload the poem itself as well as the parent letter I sent home some other time this week!

So that's all I got for tonight, but I hope you enjoyed it!

much love,

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to work on literacy and reading skills when there is such a HUGE range.

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance...grab some *freebies* while you are there! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete