Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My kind-of-alomst-sorta Friday

Hello my sweet teacher loves! I want to say thank you to all who gave their fabulous words of wisdom on how to help with the storm victims in our area. Our fifth grade teacher has not been back to school all week, but we have collected enough items such as clothes, food, toiletries, legos/games for the boys, school supplies, etc... to get them back on their feet for now. They have a house to stay in until they build their new one, and the two boys came back to school today, so it seems as though things are looking up! We are also collecting money as a school to try to send their whole family on a vacation over Spring Break. I think this is a TREMENDOUS idea and give props to my wonderful co-workers who thought of/organized it!

Anyhoo, today was kiiiind of like Friday for me...why?? I am going to be out tomorrow and Friday! Why would I put myself through the torture of gathering things for a sub you ask? Well....if you want the short list:

1. We have not had a snow day all winter.
2. My fiance is on spring break from nursing school
3. We have not had a snow day all winter.
4. My fiance and I barely get to see each other due to our conflicting schedules.
5. We have not had a snow day all winter.
6. My fiance and I are taking a {very small} mini-vacation to Cincinnati and then Belterra overnight
7. Did I mention we have NOT had a snow day ALL WINTER?!?

Now, I know you West-Coast warm weather people are probably laughing at me and my lack-of-snow day whining, but believe me, when you get used to AT LEAST 5 or 6 unexpected days off a year, a snow-day-less winter is absolute TORTURE! Especially because the kids are W-I-L-D.

Needless to say, I am taking the next two days off to spend time with my fiance, and steal a couple of snow days from this unecessarily warm winter! I am going in tomorrow morning until 9 though because the other first grade class (who I teach religion to) is having their first Mass tomorrow. We have Church once a week and each class takes turns reading the parts and being in "charge" of the Mass. Last week was my class's turn, and they did SOOOO good! This week is my partner teacher's class, and since I am their religion teacher, I had to plan the Mass. So I am going in for Mass and then I am splitting! I do hate missing school for several reasons, but I found the most wonderful invention that makes me feel a weeeee bit better about leaving. My girl Rachelle posted a unit on her TPT store, called The Substitute Survival Kit and let me tell you, I feel SO much more prepared now! I have been wanting to organize something like this for quite a while now, so HUGE props to Rachelle for beating me to the punch!


I also have to give a big thank you to Katie Smith over at First is a Fairytale who awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you so much Katie, you are so sweet!

Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Pass the award on to 15 other lovely bloggers.
3. Follow the person who sent it to you.

So, here are the One Lovely Blog Award winners that I have chosen:
Chalk Talk: A Kindergarten Blog
Queen of the First Grade Jungle
Teacher Bits and Bobs


Ok, so I know that is nowhere NEAR 15, but it is WAY past my bedtime and even though I don't have to teach tomorrow, I have to get up at the same time!! I will most definitely type more tomorrrow!!!

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment